Iris Freight (CI) Limited (a registered company incorporated under the laws of Jersey with company number 118936 having its registered office at Le Quai House, Le Quai D’Auvergne, La Collette, St Helier, JE2 3TN) is committed to administering, processing and protecting your personal information appropriately and in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our website or our services.
Personal information that Iris Freight (CI) Limited may collect from you
Iris Freight (CI) Limited may collect personal information when you:
- Use our website
- Contact us
- Receive any of our services
This may include information you provide when you:
- Complete forms or applications
- Enter information on our website
- Contact Iris Freight (CI) Limited directly by e-mail, phone, social media or any other means
It may also include information that is recorded on mail or parcels sent to or from you via any of our services.
We may collect any of the following types of information:
- Your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and other contact information (whether you are an individual, business or other organisation)
- Any information that is required to provide you with a service
- Financial information such bank account, card or other payment provider details. We do not retain full card details once any transaction is completed.
- Information collected as a result of you using our website (see section on Cookies for more information)
- Details of any complaint or enquiry you make with us
- Information about mail or parcels delivered to or by you via any of our services
- Information from candidates applying for a position with us (e.g. submitting a CV)
Why Iris Freight (CI) Limited collects your personal information
Iris Freight (CI) Limited collects your personal information in order to:
- Provide services that you may request from us
- Provide other customers with products and services
- Enhance or improve the customer experience for products and services we provide
- Enhance the customer experience on our website
- Improve and develop our services
- Ensure and maintain security e.g. when we check your identity when you use certain products or services
- Develop products and services, either on our own or via third parties in order to prevent misuse or fraud. Such products and services may be used to prevent and detect fraud against you, Iris Freight (CI) Limited and / or third parties
- Meet legal and regulatory obligations
How Iris Freight (CI) Limited collects your personal information
Iris Freight (CI) Limited collects personal information:
- Directly from customers when any customer signs up to receive any services
- From third parties who use our services and products when personal information will be recorded on mail or parcels sent to you by a third party
- From third parties when information will be acquired for such things as authorisation for a payment you make or when undertaking an identity check
- When products or services are provided with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for us to provide you with the product or service
- When mail passes through our network, we may collect personal information from letters, parcels and other mail items, such as names, addresses, descriptions of contents and other information, in order for us to route items through our network for delivery to the intended addressee.
To whom will your Information be disclosed?
Customers’ personal information may be provided to selected third parties:
- Our employees
- Our sub-contractors
- Successors in title to our business
- A prospective seller or buyer in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to such business or assets;
- If customers have explicitly agreed to receive information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to them
- Where services are provided together with a business partner and, in order to provide that service, we are required to disclose the information to them
- For the prevention of fraud against the Iris Freight (CI) Limited, third parties and / or our customers
- In order to verify the identity of customers
- To prevent money laundering, the financing of terrorism or any other criminal activity
For the protection of our or another person’s rights, protection of property, or for safety purposes, we may provide customers’ personal information to other third parties such as the police and other law enforcement, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies:
- To exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
- In connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Disclosures of personal information required by law
Iris Freight (CI) Limited may, from time to time, be required to disclose personal information due to a legal obligation, or where ordered by a court for the purposes of legal proceedings.
In situations where we are provided with false or inaccurate information or where criminal activity is identified or suspected, details may be passed to fraud or crime prevention agencies.
Such information may also be provided to law enforcement agencies to allow them to carry out investigations.
Iris Freight (CI) Limited and other organisations may also access and use this information for fraud-prevention, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing purposes, for example, when:
- Checking and verifying personal details on applications for credit and credit related facilities
- Verifying identity in respect of any regulated financial business carried out with customers
- Managing credit accounts or facilities
- In order to recover debt
- Checking personal details on insurance proposals and claims
- Checking personal details of job applicants and prospective and existing employees
Iris Freight (CI) Limited may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries.
Transfers of personal information outside of its home jurisdiction
From time to time, we may need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside of its home jurisdiction. Where this occurs, we will ensure that any transferred information is protected to a level that meets all requirements under prevailing data protection legislation. We will also ensure that equivalent measures to protect personal data are in force in any country where your data is sent.
Security of your personal information and other data we hold
Iris Freight (CI) Limited maintains robust processes to ensure that customers’ personal information is held securely to protect it from being incorrectly accessed, used, shared, destroyed or lost.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Iris Freight (CI) Limited is committed to only retaining customers’ personal information for as long as it is needed for the purpose that it is held, or in order to meet a particular legal or regulatory obligation.
Maintaining accuracy of personal information
Iris Freight (CI) Limited will, as far as it is reasonably possible, take such steps to ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date. In doing this, however, we rely on customers to ensure that the information we hold about them is accurate and up to date.
Iris Freight (CI) Limited encourages its customers to inform us of any changes to their information by contacting us by phone, email, mail or, preferably, by updating their account details on any of our websites.
Accessing your personal information
You can write to us to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies updated. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require proof of your identity before providing you with any personal information. In accordance with Data Protection Legislation, Iris Freight (CI) Limited will, on request, provide customers with access to their personal information and allow them to exercise their rights to amend and update the information we hold on them.
A customer may allow Iris Freight (CI) Limited or third parties to provide them with information about products and services that Iris Freight (CI) Limited has selected, and which may be of interest to them.
Iris Freight (CI) Limited will only provide customers with information where that customer has explicitly agreed during any registration, application or other process.
In order to receive information from third parties about their products and services, customers will be required to expressly agree to receive such information. Customers will not be marketed to in circumstances where they have failed to opt out during any registration or other processes.
Marketing channels used by Iris Freight (CI) Limited includes all means of communication, for example, by post, phone, email, SMS text message and other electronic means. This will be specifically stated, where electronic channels are used to collect your contact details.
Iris Freight (CI) Limited is committed to ensuring that customers’ communication and marketing preferences, are managed appropriately, accurately and are kept up to date, where these are held. This includes consent to receive marketing communications.
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes a unique identifier, which is sent to your computer browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow our website to recognise your computer or access device each time it is used to visit our website and to keep count of how often you return to the website. We recommend that you visit www.aboutcookies.org for more detailed information.
Iris Freight (CI) Limited use two types of cookies to collect information:
- Session cookie: This is temporary and expires automatically once you close the Iris Freight (CI) Ltd website on your computer
- Persistent cookie: This remains on your computer hard drive until your delete it. It is used to make sure the site remembers your preferences should you revisit the website.
Please note that preventing cookies is likely to have an adverse impact on the functionality or performance of our website, or even prevent you from accessing some services provided through it. If you choose to prevent cookies, we cannot guarantee access to the services provided through our website, nor can we be sure how the website will perform during your visit. Preventing cookies will also affect our ability to update our website to cater for user preferences and improve its performance.
How to contact us
Customers with queries or issues relating to products or services provided by Iris Freight (CI) Limited, or regarding our treatment of their personal data, can contact us at Info@irisfreightci.com.