Residency: 5 years residency required
Employer: Iris Freight (CI) Limited
Location: We are based in Le Quai House, La Collette, St Helier. Parking space available.
Hours: Flexible – Full time or reduced hours*
Salary: £15-20 per hour depending on experience
Iris Freight (CI) Limited is a growing local company, which provides a daily shipping service of various freight items between Jersey and Guernsey. Exceptional customer service and satisfaction are the most important values to us.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team.
- Good communication skills with a can-do attitude. The role involves direct contact with new and existing customers as well as working closely with the Freight Manager, Office Manager, our captains and crew members. Reporting directly to the Freight Manager
- Attention to detail especially when submitting customs declarations
- Clean driving licence, a van will be provided during office hours, with medium goods licence
- Forklift certification (training available)
- IT skills, including Excel and Word
- Excellent customer service skills in a commercial environment will be an advantage
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Assist the Freight Manager with the daily freight movements including customs declarations (60% of the time)
- Answering the phone and contacting customers
- Replying to emails
- Collection and delivery of various freight items (40% of the time)
Relevant experience is preferred but is not essential. Full training will be provided.
- Afternoon only 14.00-18.00 or
- Full time 10.00-18.00
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please email: email@example.com
Alternately, we can meet you for an informal conversation.